I have been somewhat neglectful of this blog lately, including a failure to mention that my ClassicArray™ plug-in for AutoCAD 2012 has been shipping since 1 May 2011. Thank you to those people from various places around the world who have been prepared to go to the effort of registering and paying for the product.
Here are some details of the product taken from the ClassicArray page:
ClassicArray is a simple-to use but powerful tool for creating arrays in AutoCAD.
- Provides a dialog box interface to AutoCAD 2012′s Array command. The familiar interface method provides continuity with earlier releases.
- Supports the creation of both associative and traditional non-associative arrays.
- Provides an in-dialog preview panel to give you a quick idea of what your array will look like before any objects are created.
- Allows creation of a preview array which can be accepted, rejected or modified before the desired array is finally chosen.
- Base objects can be incorporated into the array or left intact as desired using a simple toggle.
- Allows simple creation of 3D arrays.
- Comprehensive Help is available from within the dialog box.
- Provides Ribbon tabs and toolbars, separated into associative and non-associative sections.
- Setup routines are provided that support either all users (requires admin rights) or the current user (no admin rights required). Uninstallation is via the standard Windows Control Panel methods (Uninstall a Program, Add/Remove Programs).
- Uses AutoCAD 2012′s new Plug-in feature to provide application behavior consistent with other add-ins.
- Acts as a workaround for various AutoCAD 2012 Array bugs and limitations.
- Supports AutoCAD 2012 for Windows and vertical products derived from it. Sorry, due to Autodesk API restrictions ClassicArray can support neither AutoCAD LT nor AutoCAD for Mac.
See the ClassicArray Help page if you want to see a full description of the product, including screenshots.
One more thing I should mention is that if you have used one of the Beta versions of ClassicArray, please make sure you uninstall it and install the shipping version before registering the product.